Nissan, a Japanese manufacturer, manufactured the Nissan Rogue at the Nissan Smyrna assembly plant in Tennessee. The Nissan Rogue began its production in 2007 with its first model in 2008 as a compact crossover SUV. The predecessor to the Nissan Rogue is the Nissan Mistral. The 2019 Nissan Rogue is a second-generation Rogue, which launched in 2013.
The 2019 Nissan Rogue has maintained the features of blind-spot monitoring, pedestrian detection, automatic high beams, lane keeping assist, automatic emergency braking, and a seven-inch infotainment touchscreen. The touchscreen is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The following five categories best describe the feature package of the 2019 Nissan Rogue: advanced technology, Nissanconnect® powered by SiriusXM, cargo, comfort & convenience and safety.
TECHNOLOGY AND SAFETY FEATURES
1. The Nissan Rogue includes a seamless smartphone which connects with the 7" color touch-screen monitor. This unit connects you with the Bose® Premium Audio System and hands-free phone communication, Bluetooth® and texting, using the text messaging assistant. The Bose Audio System has nine speakers which are placed throughout the Rogue's interior.
2. Door-to-Door Navigation app inputs your car’s location and connects your smartphone to the navigation system. This navigation system provides detailed traffic information, and there is another compatible app that tracks the distance between a destination and back to your car.
3. Tire pressure monitoring system that keeps track when the tire pressure is low and informs you when you have adjusted the tire pressure with a horn alarm.
4. Visual and audible Rear door Alert which reminds you to check the rear seat. For safety purposes, the child restraints do not have seat belts or a locking clip. Nissan developed the LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) system that secures the child.
5. The DIVIDE - N - HIDE® CARGO SYSTEM has a motion-activated liftgate gives you easy access to the cargo space which is large enough to satisfy your shopping and vacation needs.
6. The front passenger seats have 4-way power adjust, and the seats have a personal adjustment feature for comfort. The front seats and the steering wheel can be heated.
7. The safety features include an advanced airbag system with dual-stage supplemental front airbags. There are front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags and a roof-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags.
8. The Nissan Rogue has a keyless entry and a remote engine start system. Remote start will activate the engine up to 100 feet away to augment the climate control system which is a dual-zone automatic temperature control allowing the driver and front passenger adjust their comfort levels.
9. The Rogue's Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) Monitors both steering and braking to alleviate any loss of control to any slick spots, especially as you turn the car VDC will either reduce engine output or apply appropriate brake pressure to offset any problem.
10. The construction of the frame of the Nissan Rogue is a zone body construction which is an impact-absorbing structure protecting the driver and passengers.
The 2019 Rogue's power plant, is a 2.5-liter four-cylinder 170 horsepower engine with a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The only significant changes in the 2019 Rogue is an option that restructures new luxury feature bundles and active safety technology across the trim levels, S, SV, and SL. Mileage for the front-wheel-drive model is estimated (EPA) to be 26 MPG city, 33 mpg highway and 29 MPG combined. The all-wheel-drive slightly drops fuel economy to 25/32/27. Cargo space for a crossover is 39.3 cubic feet behind the seats expanding to 70 cubes with the rear seats down.